OFF: Virus alert (genuine)

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHU.AC.UK
Thu May 4 09:09:20 EDT 2000

    Rich> We've just been hit by a nasty script virus here.  If you

<snippage>

Spooky. I just received this virus via another mailing list and had
sent a warning off to them and to the guy who (probably inadvertantly)
sent it. BTW it's not listed with Symantec so their virus checkers
probably won't pick it up.

    Rich> looking at it now here, but DON'T OPEN IT.  It'll also send
    Rich> itself to everyone in your address book (we think).

Yeah, it certainly runs some Outlook function or other. The moral here
being use a proper email program and don't automate the handling of
MIME types. Much the same information can be found at:

http://www.datafellows.com/v-descs/love.htm

--
Chris Bates (c.d.bates at shu.ac.uk)
School of Computing and Management Sciences - Sheffield Hallam University