OFF: Virus alert (genuine)

J. Michael Looney bocfan at AREA51.BCGSYSTEMS.COM
Thu May 4 15:46:00 EDT 2000

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Filip Vanhuyse wrote:

> Here in Belgium it went on national television
> What does it actually do?

Does the standard Outlook address book re-mail trick like the Melissa
virus last year, then deletes all MP3, JPEG and JavaSript (and releted)
file from your system.  Sets it's self up to re-run on reboot.  Launches
mIRC, if installed on systems and posts it self to any channels you happen
to have set up.  I don't do mIRC so I'm not real sure if it does this when
you fire it up, or if it does it for you.  Uploads your password files to
a server in the far east.   Nothing major, unless, like a friend of mine
PHB, you loose a couple of gig of MP3 files.

It's not real well written, from a progarmming point of view.  Just a
quick and dirty VBscript app.  Want the source code?