OFF: Virus alert (genuine)

Dan Witt lwitt1 at USWEST.NET
Thu May 4 22:42:41 EDT 2000

> But why is MS so popular? It has brutally taken over the market and more or less
> forces people to use its software.

I know what you mean.  When I tried to buy a PC with linux as the OS in
February at the local CompUsa store I was taken into a back room and
repeatedly clubbed like a seal by the MS nazis.  After that I just
bought a Windows machine and behaved.

On another note, last night I went to see the Street Walkin Cheetahs,
this guy in the audience with a British accent asks the bands for Silver
Machine.  This was kind of stunning, since none of the bands playing had
anything to do with spacerock, weirder yet, one of the singers appeases
him and breaks into a few bars of Silver Machine.