OFF: Virus alert (genuine)

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri May 5 11:35:40 EDT 2000

On Fri, 5 May 2000, Andrew A. Apold wrote:

:Subject: Re: OFF: Virus alert (genuine)
:

[snip snip]

:>Sorry, but I only find enjoyment playing Atari 2600 and other units of that
:>period. It's minimalism I guess, mandating abstract thought in order to be
:>entertaining.

[snip snip]

:I'm sorry, today's stuff is completely immersive, they are so far apart...
:I mean, a gameboy probably has more sophistication than an atari 2600.
:
:I can understand someone not being into computer games.  I can understand
:someone wistfully looking back at a time they were.  But I cannot fathom
:someone spending time today playing 2600 games.  If you do, well, more
:power to ya.  There are a number of atari 2600 emuluaters out there you
:can get and run just about all the titles with on your PC.  Ditto for
:C-64, too.

Andrew,

I still like playing atari 2600 games (..and several of the old
arcade games) mostly because the game play seemed to be much
"purer" then.  ...but then, again, I've never really been
into first-person shooters, so perhaps the modern arcade
revolution has passed me by.

Still, emulators are fun (mmm, mmm, mame.)

Arin
Arin Komins                            akomins at midway.uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559