HW: The Time Of The Hawklords

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Fri May 5 13:06:19 EDT 2000

>- I'll concede though, that Black Sword is stronger and more coherent
>_musically_ than anything between it and Levitation; it's just the flamin'
>lyrics I have trouble with.

Aw, c'mon, you got a problem with

"Myshella now replacing Queen Yishana"?

Actually, the opening moments of "Moonglum", from the trailing off
part of Lords of chaos, I think, to about the part where the lyrics
start, is one of my all time favorite hawkwind pieces.

Definitely my favorite Huw piece.  It seemed he was almost trying
to make up for the lack of drumming singlehandedly with guitar...

Apart from that, I generally don't think they're much worse than your
typical non-calvert hawkwind lyrics.  Calvert's stuff was way above
the rest, no argument there.

I do quite like the lyrics for Needle Gun, Dreaming City, and
Elric the Enchanter (part I only).

Besides, the lyrics of any Black Sword song are better than that of say,
BOC's 'Beat 'em Up'....

"I can saw a woman in two...
 but you won't want to look in the box when I'm through"
   - "For my next trick..." by Warren Zevon