OFF: Virus alert (genuine)//update [?] 1904pm

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Fri May 5 19:07:17 EDT 2000

dunno exactly where it came from; it was forward from my friend diana.
who's 'we'?'
"<>"
supermac clone, m'self
 ===

We believe we have finally eradicated "I Love You" and the "Joke" variant

from our servers and mail systems.  However, other variants are popping up

around the world.  One supposedly arrives with a subject of "Mother's Day

Order Confirmation".  Barely skilled people could repackage this with any

subject they choose.  PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL WITH ANY EMAIL ATTACHMENTS!  If

you haven't already, please click on View and click to check the Preview

Pane in Outlook.  This will display the text of a msg below your inbox

without your having to open it.  If the msg has an attachment, a paper clip

will appear in the upper right hand corner of the preview pane.  Click ONCE

on the paper clip to see the full name of the attachment file.  If it has a

.vbs extension, DELETE THE EMAIL, even if it is from a trusted source.

There is no reason why anyone should send you a vbs file.