HW Space-rock bitz 'n' pieces

Sun May 7 00:52:46 EDT 2000

Good evening......here is the news:
May is a busy old month here in the UK, with Gong now joined by ex-Zorch
synth man Gwyo at London's Hammersmith Palais on 7th, Ace Of Spades
(Alan Davey's Motorhead Tribute Band) in Leicester on 6th and Crewe on
11th,  Spacehead and Harvey Bainbridge concert in Buxton on May 12th,
Alan Davey's Bedouin and Spacehead's Mr Dibs with Harvey Bainbridge in
Rye near Hastings on the 13th, plus Krel's electronic alter-ego playing
for free at Sainsburys Superstore, Stafford on 27th, with our electronic
faves here at Dead Earnest towers, In The Nursery, playing rare gigs at
Sheffield on 25th and London Astoria on 28th - who sez the Americans
have all the gigs?
Anyone know why, apart from the obvious, that Voiceprint have changed
the back cover artwork on the UK issue of 'In Your Area' and, on that
subject, why on earth are there two different covers to Cleopatra's
issue of Nik Turner's 'Space Ritual' double CD? I never noticed this
until the other day but the front cover and one of the insert's frames
are different on the issues we have here yet are completely identical in
every other way - any clues anyone?
In the tape cupboard the other night I found a CD labelled 'Sphinx Demos
1978' but it sure as hell ain't Tuerner's mob - at least it sounds
nothing like them - anyone know of another group called Sphinx from
around that time - if so, who on earth were they?
See 'ya round,
Andy G'b.