OFF: Olde games

Mark Edmonds mmje at MMJE.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat May 6 17:14:39 EDT 2000

Oh, I can't resist adding to this OT stuff...

I could never get into Elite but Revs on the BBC was a different matter!
My trusty BBC B+ is in store waiting for the day when I have enough
space to set it up.

Anyway, if you really want to wind back the tape, hands up who made
ASCII patterned messages on paper tape punch machines? Or manually key
in a boot strap using levers on an octal PDP 8/e? Or typed 71077345 on
an LED calculator before turning the display upside down? Sadly, no one
worked out how to spell "bugger off" that way but I'll bugger off for
now...

--
Mark Edmonds