BOC: Seafest (Port Canaveral, FL) May 6, 2000

Andrew Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Sun May 7 14:54:12 EDT 2000

Show started late.  Outdoor venue, near NASA, apparently some severe
radio interference.  $5 to get in, cheap.

Setlist, from memory (order may be off)

Stairway to the Stars
Tean Archer
Harvest Moon
The Subhuman
Joan Crawford
I'd like to See you in Black
Cities on Flame
Burnin' For You
Golden Age of Leather
Godzilla
Don't Fear the Reaper
encore
Dominance & Submission

Eric mentioned before Subhuman that they didn't do it very much, but someone
requested it, and it was "Seafest" after all.

Fairly large biker contingent, which all sang along for GAOL opening.

Good performances, especially Allen.  Buck his usual self.

Serious technical difficulties during Danny's bass solo, they left him out
there
alone for bass solo and nothing happened... he got some bass (but not
"monster"
bass) and stalled for a good 5-10 minutes before they got that fixed, then he
did some bass solo.  Difficulties continued, they then went straight to drum
solo, which finished, then the Rondinelli stood up, looked back, then sat down
and started drumming more, did another solo, then a third.  Then the rest
came back out, technical difficulties apparently finished.

Before the encore, Eric told the florida crowd, "we got time for one more song
then we gotta fly on out of here to get back in time to watch the New York
Knicks
kick Miami's Ass.... Knicks in 5!"  That drew a response...

Miami up by 2 in the 4th as I write this... :)

"To dwell within Samsara, however, is to
 be subject to the works of those mighty
 among dreamers."

 - Mahasamatman, in Zelazny's "Lord of Light"

Andrew Apold