BRAIN/BOC: interview w/ Deborah Frost

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon May 8 08:09:28 EDT 2000

On 5 May 00, at 17:27, Albert Bouchard wrote:

> "Ted Jackson jr." wrote:
>
> > And I guess Albert told Buck exactly
> > how to play all those great solos, right?  Hard to believe that a
> > guy that elsewhere in the article Deb desribes as very talented and
> > bemoans the lack of recognition thereof, now is accused of being an
> > unoriginal carion bird!
>
> Some comments, irregardless of how true they are, should not be said.
> What we have here is someone trying to say something indirectly and
> some people don't get it. If you're still confused, then read between
> the lines.

Well, my comments above, whether true or not, should not have been
posted!  I apologize to the list, and to Al and Deb in particular.  Al's
songwriting [and drumming] talent is above question, and it's a safe
bet that he likely suggested many of the parts that the other band
members played on BOC songs Al wrote.  Of course, the actual
execution of these parts were accomplished by said band members.
I do maintain that BD's one of the greatest players in rock, and I feel
compelled to rise to his defense.  I don't know whether Al's accusing
me of subtextual comments, but I can assure you that my motive was
strictly to defend BD's ability as a musician.  As for Deb's post, I
think Helen Keller could read between the lines of that one!

theo