OFF: Virus alert (genuine)

JOHN M GRAY JOHN.GRAY at PRODIGY.NET
Tue May 9 19:20:08 EDT 2000

It really doesn't make much sense to continue it because your opinions are
as meaningless to me as mine are to you.  The statement this product sucks
or that band sucks is  all relative.  Hell  for most people, including my
wife and daughter HW sucks, they prefer top 40 stuff like NSync (which has
been way more successful than HW) that I don't particularly like.  It works
for them, they like it so I don't knock them or look down on them or run
their asses into the ground because of it.  MS products are useful to a lot
of people whether you like it or not.  Maybe not to you but  your minority
opinion in the matter is much like most of ours on this list about how good
HW is, the rest of the world don't agree.  I don't think that means they are
all fucked up, they just have a different opinion.

>Straw-man argument.  Of course they don't force individuals to
>run Windows.  They do, however, make every effort to force major
>computer makers (eg. Compaq, Dell, HP) to install it, so that
>when the buyer gets the box home, that's what they'll run on it
>as the path of least resistance.

Companies have been using strong arm tactics throughout history to beat
their competition, MS is very good at it.  What the US Justice Department
says doesn't mean much, we would be fools to believe everything the US
government has spewed forth.  They don't have a very good track record of
telling the truth themselves, at least until they get caught.  Like they
have never distorted any facts to their favor-right!

John