HW: Don't give up the day job

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Tue May 9 19:44:14 EDT 2000

This is a good one!  I only know a few (many of which I'm not too sure
about, so please correct me where I'm wrong!) ...

On Wed, 10 May 2000 00:26:58 +0100, david hall
<dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote:
>Here's a list of occupations (held after joining or leaving)
>..see if you can link them to a current or past member of the band.
>
>Car dealer
>Property owner and developer

This wouldn't refer to an associate of the band (whose name is on most of
their recent albums), rather than a member, would it?

>Teacher

That would be Bridget, right?  (I know she was a teacher while in the Hippy
Slags before Hawkwind)

>Painting and decorating

Alan?  I seem to remember reading an interview with him in 'Hawkfan'
shortly after he joined, saying that was what he did before Hawkwind.

>Record producer
>Studio owner

Is Alan Powell one of these?

>Advertising and product placement in music (e.g. ZZ Top sponsored by Pepsi)
>Session muso

Huw (at least in the 70s)

>Antique dealer

Simon King

>Gentleman farmer

Nik?  I'm not sure I'd use the word "gentleman" to describe him ...
"all-around cool cat", maybe ...

>Busker
>Heavy metal legend

uh ... Ginger Baker? ;^)

And what about "bicycle shop owner"?  Or "woodcutter"? (both in Canada,
interestingly enough)

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com