OFF: Napster / Metallica and other pointless exercises

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu May 11 07:21:37 EDT 2000

On 10 May 00, at 21:13, MissileCommand wrote:

> understood! thank you. It's amazing how the two biggest fights on this
> list (in the past 2 years?) have been over such common subjects as
> Microsoft and Metallica! I thought we were supposed to be weirdos!

This is the most civilized list I'm on.  I'm on a list for English folk-
rocker Richard Thompson, and you should see the flaming that goes
on there.  You'd figure a bunch of folkie librarians would all play
nicely, but that ain't so...

theo