HW: IN YOU AREA!

Andy Ball andy.ball at RD.BBC.CO.UK
Fri May 12 07:01:25 EDT 2000

At a risk of getting flamed, I think that Rizz is ok.

Maybe on a studio album he wouldn't be my thing, but seeing him live with
Hawkwind he really adds to the atmosphere.
Before Ron joined the band, Hawkwind were almost becoming like tangerene
dream (not musically) just lurking in the backround.
Live, I think the best bit of Hawkwind that I've seen in the last 10years
was Rizz doing the opener "Wheels" on the 97 tour.
Personnaly, I think Hawkwind are far more exciting live with the nutters
like Rizz,Ron and Nik fronting them, than with Dave and the others
hiding behind banks of synths etc.
My 2pence/2cents worth.

Cheers,

Andy