HW In Your Area

Sara Zaza prabbit at GOWEBWAY.COM
Fri May 12 18:20:14 EDT 2000

Well, you asked so...

Melvyn wrote:
<The last HW album I purchased with 'New' material on it,was Distant
<Horizons a while ago,which was a major disappointment.

Actually I thought this was one the strongest HW releases in years, crap
artwork aside and some songs being underdeveloped.  "Reptoid Vision" is
brilliant and to me the band sounds excellent, crazy but focused in a way
they hadn't been in a long time.

<The 1st track.......Brainstorm!!!!!????? Now come on Dave Brock, this is
<really takeing the piss!
<This once great track has been well and truly flogged to death now,and this
<has to be the worst version yet.

Actually, I quite like this version, tho I can understand why some don't dig
the reggae section, it took awhile to grow on me, and to be frank I'd rather
they played it straight thru.

<Track 3.....Another version of 'Love in Space'......much,much better
<instrumentals with DB on vocals which goes on to be totally ruined with a
<middle section with terrible lyrics by Captain Rizz that seems to
<constantly repeat rhymes with 'ace'
<eg....."open up your eyes,its time to realise,you're not the rat
<race.you're the human race,so leave the rat race and join the human race,if
<you want love in space,then join the human race and leave the rat race"
<I've not been a great fan of Ron Tree, but this Cap'n Rizz stuff is the
pits.

Again I quite like this track as well ("Rat Race").  Lyrically it is right
on the beam, saying the same type of things that the band have been saying
for 30 years now.   "Flying is trying is dying".  How about the lyrics to
"Shouldn't Do That".  Also very repetitive and simple...and brilliant.

<The nice surprise is Track 8 , "hippy"............brilliant

Agreed!

It is frustrating to not have a full cd of new material, tho.  I really
liked the version of "The Awakening" however.
Just my opinion.

John Stanton