OFF: Re: Quarkstock

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Sat May 13 15:21:39 EDT 2000

Randy Rote...

>Karen wrote:
>>Hey Everyone!
>>
>>Who else is going to Quarkstock?  I just bought my ticket and booked my
>>flight.  Should be a great weekend.
>
>I was going to go but then after i started thing i did not like the idea
>of a indoor fest. if i were to go with the show being at a bar i Know i
>would run up over a $150 bar bill per night....hell i can easily spend
>$75 at the bar in 6 hours let alone being their for the weekend...

Having been to Ruby Tuesday's (a 'neighborhood' club, not the regional
chain) as recently as two weeks ago, I can tell you that (at least) the beer
there is damn cheap!  You'd have a hard time spending $150 on alcohol and
still walking.  :)
They were serving Amber Bock drafs for like $1.25 a mug, which I thought
musta been a Happy Hour special, but it was the same price at the end of the
night.
I noticed they also had some imports on draft (Harp's and Newcastle Brown
Ale I think)...not sure how much those were.  But in any case, it's surely a
*lot* cheaper than the frickin' Symposium/Phantasy in Cleveland, where every
crap American macrobrew is over 3 bucks a bottle.  But then, I'm usually
driving back to Col's after a show there, so it's good that I can only
afford a couple. :)

>not to even think about driving back to the hotel room....

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it.  As a general rule of course (we've already
beat that dead horse), but especially given the area of town that RT's is
in.  Narrow cross streets, lots of hidden intersections, drunk students
(yes, OSU is *still* in session past Memorial Day!), and of course, lots of
attentive police.  Unless they're all down at south campus where the riots
usually occur.  :)

Don't let that discourage you all from coming, though...just be careful.

>The Really Wasted Guy At All the Strange Daze Fest....

Yeah, me too.  :)

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  On the subject of Newcastle Brown Ale, the Magpies are coming to
Columbus on July 26.  The Crew is 1-0 in friendly's vs. Premier League teams
(2-1 over Leeds a couple years' back).  Who wants to bet what'll happen this
time?  :)