HW: IN YOU AREA!

Sat May 13 17:35:25 EDT 2000

On Fri, 12 May 2000, M Holmes wrote:

> MissileCommand writes:
>
> > on Ambient Anarchists there's that version of Living on a Knife edge,
> > with the exact same reggae tune as that "jump up and down" part of
> > brainstorm
>
> The Camera That Could Lie. I've made a segue of a live version of that
> track into the Brainstorm section frim IYA. It works pretty well.

        Yeah, but it works much better in `LSD' where it was first
conceived, I reckon. `LSD' is slightly slower, and the rythym change is
less jarring. `Brainstorm' has to stall and then restart. And anyway,
`Brainstorm' only has its full effect if it's nine minutes of concentrated
assault, and preferably more... On the other hand, I reckon the Rizz part
in `Wheels' enhances it beyond measure, and `Rat Race' improves `Love in
Space' too considering how tired it was getting. But even so, the amount
Rizz irriates me otherwise isn't worth the good bits, for me.

        I worry. `Hippy' was written at the Strange Daze only half the
band was there for, wasn't it? That means the last new song we had from
Hawkwind is now nearly two years old. I want some proof the band's still
going, because every time they go quiet like this I fear the worst.

        Or, revolutionarily, if Dave is what's holding the whole thing
back, maybe he should make it clear that he doesn't want to do the whole
business any more and the band should tour without him? With Jerry on
board, it could work well. If Jerry's not on board, of course, not
so. Hmmm. Yours,
                 Jon

--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 741219)         jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk   |