OFF: Deniz Tek in Paris

Sat May 13 19:03:46 EDT 2000

Don't think I've posted anything about going to see ex-Radio Birdman star
Deniz and his current project, Deep Reduction, in Paris last week, with Holy
Curse in support.

Anyway they were great, Deep Red did a version of City Kids (yes, the Pink
Fairies song, the b-side of "Motorhead"), intense versions of Birdman's
"Smith and Wesson Blues" and "What Gives," plus loads of new songs.  The
club was packed out and fucking sweaty (just the way rock'n'roll is meant to
be).

Both bands were in the bar after so we didn't even have to blag our way into
the aftershow.  All of them good unassuming blokes, even (especially) the
Iceman himself.

Loads of gig photos now up at
http://www.andy.gilham.btinternet.co.uk/deepred/deepred.htm

-- Andy