OFF: Quarkstock/SciFi Con

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Sun May 14 20:07:34 EDT 2000

Hi Folks...

I just learned that "Marcon 35" (The Midwest's Premiere Science Fiction &
Fantasy Convention) is being held here in Columbus over Memorial Day
weekend, coincident (truly coincidental I mean...Paul just discovered this
himself) with Quarkstock.  So any of you that were still trying to decide
whether to come or not, well maybe this would be more incentive.  Other than
Saturday evening, there really isn't much overlap between the two events.

Augur and Da'an from Earth:Final Conflict are going to be there, and Gene
Roddenberry's son.  The strangest thing I see in the schedule is that
there's going to be a couple presentations about LEXEN, i.e., 'Life in
Extreme Environments,' such as in the Antarctic ice sheet (as analogues for
Europa, Mars), and I have a feeling that might involve somebody from 'my'
group.  Funny that I didn't hear anything about it.

Anyway, all the info about the con is at www.marcon.org.  Here are their
prices...

Adult prices:
Weekend - $35 (until May 18...Thursday)
Friday - $20
Saturday - $25
Sunday - $15

Quarkstock is a 'bargain' at $20 for the two days, or $12 at the door each day.
www.quarkspace.com for more info.

Grakkl (FAA)