Frederick MD May 12th

Chris Martin CultJacket at AOL.COM
Tue May 16 02:03:57 EDT 2000

<< > The Time Is Now The Old Gods Return

 Please report on this one!

 theo >>
Caught up with Buck after the show about this tune.
Shirley lyrics-music by Eric Bloom
The song begins with a heavy 3 guitar attack. Then it turns into slow drawn
out creepy sounding chords as the vocals begin.
The tempo picks up as the lyrics progress.
It features a long heavy guitar solo with 2 rhythm guitars and a grand
production for an ending that reminds me of Dizbusters Live
Eric read the lyrics off a cue sheet ,as it was only the 3rd time it was
played live and the 1st time in a month.
The lyrics are rather long 3-4 verses.
Some of what I could make out ( not 100% correct) were
1st verse
Eric:
Now is the time,that our world's will collide.
Written by messengers of the unknown,the unknown sign
( missing a whole bunch here)
2nd verse
Now is the time our hero's will return
Now is the time when war begins to burn
Now is the time the evil souls will be laid to waste
Now is the time the righteous will rise to their place
Dammed forever
( Buck and Danny) come in and sing "forever and ever"
Dammed forever
BD and DM sing" forever and ever"
Eric:
Now is the time the old gods return
Now is the time the old gods return
You've really got me shivering and shaking on my hands and knee's
You've really got me shivering and shaking on my hands and knees
Buck and Danny sing " Now is the time the old Gods return"
Eric:
Please save our city"s
Please don't take our cities
Back in to hell.

This is roughly 1/4 of the lyrics and i'm going by memory from what I read
off the cue sheet. I'd say 90% correct
Cool tune though. Sounds like something off C Erectus.
Has the old BOC Sound to it that"s been missing for awhile.