HW: Stourbridge

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed May 17 17:01:24 EDT 2000

No, Jill, I'm not misspelling your name!  Just in from
http://www.hawkwind.com/ (dates page) ...
>Stourbridge all day event
>Running from 12 noon to 12 midnight on September 30th,
>this all-dayer features a line-up of Nik Turner, Alan
>Davey, Harvey Bainbridge, Danny Thompson and Trev Thoms,
>with support from Bedouin and another set from Harvey.
>Stalls, exhibitions, etc, too!
>At the Rock Cafe 2000, Stourbridge,
>(telephone 01384 390918).

hmmmmm ...

Nik - sax, flute, vocals
Trev - guitar, vocals
Alan - bass, vocals, keys/synth
Harvey - keys/synth, vocals
Danny - drums

... this sounds like one of the most intriguing Hawks-related band yet!
The membership covers all of 1969-1996 except for ca.1977 (post-Nik,
pre-Harvey).  And Trev Thoms does a mighty fine Brock-ish guitar (which I
never noticed much with ICU, but his playing IMO is about the best thing
about that dodgy 'Pinkwind' album).  If somehow they could cajole Simon
House into joining the lineup they'd have that whole period covered ...

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com