HW: Stourbridge

Steve P Steve at DOREMI.CO.UK
Wed May 17 17:29:24 EDT 2000

On Wed, 17 May 2000 14:01:24 -0700, you sent through the ether:

> And Trev Thoms does a mighty fine Brock-ish guitar (which I
>never noticed much with ICU

Trevors own style is a very sinuey attack based thing with a far thinner
sound than Brock, but he can play rings around just about anybody on his
day, I`ve seen him awesome & I`ve seen him average (never bad), the
swings tend to go with his personal life, don`t forget he`s never had a
sniff of major success and to still be using the guitar as his main form
of income is a mark of dedication we should all stand back & salute.

Mick Stupp & I were discussing him a couple of weeks back and came to
the conclusion that he`s easily the best guitarist we`ve ever seen
play.. Put him in a room with Clapton then sit back & enjoy as Trevors
ego & technique embarrass the poor multi billionaire. ("ere's a scale I
invented meself.. can you play it??")

His sound fattened up considerably during the Atomgods which helps his
Brock-a-likeness but he can play any style as well as anybody..

Hmmmmm I`ve got some Atomgods demos somewhere, I wonder if Trev'll moan
if I put them on the ICU site.. :)

-S.