OFF: CD Player Advice Requested

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Fri May 19 14:13:45 EDT 2000

Waaaaay off topic, but I had to add ...

On Fri, 19 May 2000 11:05:11 -0500, Todd Hong <TNHong at DATACOLLECT.COM> wrote:
>If you can handle having a single CD player instead of a multiple CD
>changer, do it. The repair frequency on multiple CD changers is noticeably
>higher.

I've had a Pioneer 6xCD changer for over 10 years now (since fall 89/spring
90) that has performed admirably without any mechanical (or other) problems
whatsoever.  I can't remember the model number (and I'm sure it's no longer
in production, since it's 10 years old) or the cost, but it was a cheap one
even then - about $200 I think.  But then again, I consider CD players to
be "disposable" components anyway, unlike speakers, turntable, etc.  I
can't see any reason to spend more than $200 on one.

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com