silver machine bass options

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Fri May 26 15:15:59 EDT 2000

In a message dated 5/26/00 9:52:34 AM, tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU contributes:

<< On 26 May 00, at 9:39, Robert C. Mayo replied to:

> In a message dated 5/26/00 6:43:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time, a lister
> writes:
>
> <<  I prefer the original pitch, as it
>
>  gives more options when playing bass on it >>
==
says mr. "<>":

well, it gives _you_ more options, if you're better in the other key. um,
doesn't it?

and i've already addressed the 'original pitch'.
==
and RC Mayo says to mister lister:

> ??????? how'zat? i don't see how a song's key determines what options
> one has while playing it...except maybe the availability of an open
> string? please explain... rmayo sometime bassist
==
says mr. "<>"

see my above, comrade.
this is gettin' kinda fuzzy, this one thinks...blurring physically playing an
instrument, and _what_ one hears when listening, and adjacently _how_ one
hears when listening...
==
and Master Theo drops a tuppence to RC:

<<Yeah, but that's a BIG option.  Try playing Cities on Flame in any key
other than F#!>>

==
to which mr "<>" concludes:

this one don't get it, master t., suh.  transposition is transposition. which
is not to say you _wanna_, but sure yiz _could_. ...
==
"<>"