HW: LLOYD-LANGTON

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri May 26 15:41:54 EDT 2000

John said...

>I too like Huw a whole bunch, and unfortunately "Time and Space" is the best
>of all his solo albums..... which is not to say that it's bad at all, it's
>just not that great.

You mean, "NOT the best," don't you?  And yes, I'd agree.  I think his best
was 'Like an Arrow...through the heart' which AFAIK, is not available on CD.
The 'On the Move' disc from a few years' back with all Swedish backing band
wasn pretty decent, a couple of the tunes being remakes of old ones (some
from Like an Arrow actually).  Haven't heard Chain Reaction yet....I think
Gary Davis (www.artist-shop.com) carries it here in the US, so I'll prolly
get it next order from him.

And yes, none of them really have a HW-style sound, notwithstanding the
covers of PW and such on the crappy Flicknife-bootleg-thing recently
discussed.  And even then...garage-rock versions of HW...no synths and such
usually.

'On the Move' is really bluesy, like old Trower/Spooky Tooth albums.  Nicely
done if you like that sort of thing, and like Huwy's voice well enough.

>> >I know that Andy G is probably carrying these, but I am in Yankee land.
>> >
>> >HAWKMAN are you out there?
>> >
>> >Who in the USA is carrying these? Aural Innovations?

Nah.  Jerry mainly sticks to 90s artists for the AI catalog, apart from my
contribution of Garden of Delights re-releases.  The aforementioned Gary
Davis I think has the newest one.  Elegy and River Run I was forced to get
from Mike H. and Andy G.  Issued on the Allegro label.  Try visiting Huw's
site, and maybe there's info about ordering from overseas.
http://www.huwlloyd-langton.co.uk/ I think.  'On the Move' I think had some
ltd. distribution over here in the states, but I've forgotten where I got it.

Grakkl (FAA)