HW: LLOYD-LANGTON

flossbac flossbac at NLCI.COM
Fri May 26 18:05:03 EDT 2000

Nope, I meant what I said... I think "Time and Space" is the best one, but
even so, it's not the greatest thing on earth.  "Like an Arrow....Through
the Heart" might be my least favorite actually!  Oh yeah, I forgot about "On
the Move" which is pretty good as well.  "Elegy" is also a good one.
Overall, the songs tend to have more of a blues-based rock approach, but
many of the tunes are jazzy as well.... The leads are good, but the songs
themselves are not at all adventurous, not at all progressive etc.
John Majka

> John said...
>
> >I too like Huw a whole bunch, and unfortunately "Time and Space" is the
best
> >of all his solo albums..... which is not to say that it's bad at all,
it's
> >just not that great.
>
> You mean, "NOT the best," don't you?  And yes, I'd agree.  I think his
best
> was 'Like an Arrow...through the heart' which AFAIK, is not available on
CD.
> The 'On the Move' disc from a few years' back with all Swedish backing
band
> wasn pretty decent, a couple of the tunes being remakes of old ones (some
> from Like an Arrow actually).  Haven't heard Chain Reaction yet....I think
> Gary Davis (www.artist-shop.com) carries it here in the US, so I'll prolly
> get it next order from him.
>
> And yes, none of them really have a HW-style sound, notwithstanding the
> covers of PW and such on the crappy Flicknife-bootleg-thing recently
> discussed.  And even then...garage-rock versions of HW...no synths and
such
> usually.
>
> 'On the Move' is really bluesy, like old Trower/Spooky Tooth albums.
Nicely