HW: lyrics/tabs

Tim Gadd lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM
Sat May 27 11:23:55 EDT 2000

At 08:46 AM 5/27/00 GMT, Steve P wrote:
>On Fri, 26 May 2000 23:40:32 EDT, you sent through the ether:
>
>>As for playing a semi-tone higher, all of the songs I listed I got from the
>>original(I suppose) recordings.
>

>A lot of bands used to play live tuned a semitone down to make singing
>the high notes easier.. I don`t know if Hawkwind were one of these
>bands, but some of the keys you find on their live records would suggest
>it wouldn't they..

A recording trick - this was taught to me in the mid 70's, by a recording
engineer who'd used it on several singles, so I presume it was not uncommon
practice - was to make the final master tape play slightly faster than the
original recording, because it tended to help cover mistakes in the playing.

--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania