Rob Eckstadt to join Sloterdijk U.S. festival lineup

SLOTERDIJK SLOTERDIJK at WEBTV.NET
Sat May 27 13:12:48 EDT 2000

Veteran bassist Rob Eckstedt is tentatively scheduled to join the
Sloterdijk U.S. festival lineup. I have known Rob for about 7 years now,
and I am really psyched to have him join us. Rob is a native New Jersey,
and has been playing in various bands for many years.

   Before I knew him, I was exposed to him while he was a member of the
band "Oliver Twyst" one of several bands which were active in the
Trenton New Jersey area during the early 90's. My own band ANTHEM fell
into the same catagory.

About 2 years later, I noticed an ad in a publication called "The
Aquarian weekly", a greater New York area paper in which we all
advertised. Two of my close friends had reformed their high school era
band "Symbols of Resistance", after about 10 years of dormancy, and
renamed the project "Sukie Jones"..This time around they were
concentrating ( at this point), on doing an Aerosmith tribute show. They
had tried using their original bass player, but soon became somewhat
exasperated by him, and set off to find a replacement.

I was flipping through the musician's classifieds and noticed an ad from
a bass player who was likewise looking to be part of an Aerosmith
tribute...I referred the ad to my friends, and within about a week rob
had become part of their band, and remained so until 1999, performing
their final gig with them at "The Angel Party", an event I organized and
hosted.
Simultaneously Rob had already began playing with the stones tribute,
"Hot Rocks",  a gig he still plays to this day, albeit no longer
exclusively.

Rob became interested in production work and set about building his own
studio. It was Rob who assisted me with the original digital
reprocessing of "Alien Theme" and Technoanthropology". He has now been
recording original space rock of his own

I am predicting that Rob will bring a more active style of bass playing
to Sloterdijk, and he will likely play a bit of synth as well. I can't
tell you how psyched I am to have him joining us. Not only is he a
really decent bass player, but he is a really decent person as well.

              Peace, Mike Burro

http://community.webtv.net/SLOTERDIJK/SLOTERDIJKControl
http://community.webtv.net/SLOTERDIJK/ARTIMUS