HW: Eyewitness accounts

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Mon May 29 09:56:30 EDT 2000

There is talk on the Deep Purple newsgroup of a reunion of Rainbow (including Dio). There was similar plans just before Cozy Powell died, apparantly, but due to his death they decided it wasn't the right time.

>From what I can gather, Dio recently announced that it will take place in Japan, and I think it will only be one gig, which will be recorded.

William
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: david hall
  To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
  Sent: Monday, May 29, 2000 5:16 PM
  Subject: HW: Eyewitness accounts

  I never got to see HW before 79. However, friends that did have interesting views most seem to think that the Calvert era was more interesting than the Lemmy years, the band was more together, less out of it, and the sound was clearer. Were you there?
  This stemmed from  a conversation re pro's and con's of reunions e.g. Led Zep brilliant performances but always a crap sound - hence reform with Jason and do it right, Black Sabbath with Ozzy - would've been brilliant if the band hadn't been so bombed - have reformed, UFO with Schenker - did it recently and on form. Floyd with Roger - brilliant in the 70's, shite corporate rock in the 80's/90's without him - no chance of a reunion - more of a chance with Syd. Gong reformed in 94 albeit without Steve Hillage - blinding. Deep Purple/ Yes - egos intact in both bands keeping the feuds fuelled and full reunions unlikely.

  Dave

  NP: John Paul Jones - Zooma