HW: OFF: SD'2K/Quarkstock

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon May 29 21:51:08 EDT 2000

Hi Folks...

I don't have the energy right now to post a full synopsis, but the
Quarkstock event, while not massively attended, was a fabulous event with a
great spirit, and everyone there seemed to really enjoy themselves.  Thanks
to everybody who made the effort to show up!  The bands (and Jim's SolarFire
lot, and Thom!) really travelled a long way to get there, and managed to
summon up the energy to put on a really impressive show.  The Quarkspace
'crew' were excellent hosts and the event was very well organized and all
the bands got their allotted time with minimal delays!  Much better than a
lot of major fests I've been to!

Jim L. made a lengthy announcement about the upcoming SD'2K, and the need to
get more fan support for the event, lest the Nelson Ledges folks decide not
to continue hosting them.  He did hand out little flyers promoting the
event, and there was a short list of some of the gigs that have been
scheduled for the travelling SD tour...but of course, I failed to bring one
home with me.  So I can't post the info right now.  There were six or so
dates listed, some of them 'TBC' still.

I'm sure they will be up on the www.strange-trips.com site soon, but I'll
post them if I get them first.

They have a SD'2K message board up now, for questions and such...Here's some
important info I've summarized FYI...

Grakkl (FAA)

Here ya go...
STANGE DAZE 2000
August 11th - 13th

Advance Full Festival Tickets - $60
Good from Friday 9:00 am to Sunday 6:00 pm
Only advance ticket holders are GUARANTEED campsites!

Send Postal Money Order or Check made out to:

Strange Trips
4485 W. 130
Cleveland, Ohio 44135

*** *** ***

THESE TICKETS WILL ONLY BE SOLD AT THE GATE

FRIDAY
DAY TRIPPER Tickets - $30
Good ONLY for Friday - 9am to Midnight
*NO camping gear allowed for these ticket holders

SATURDAY - $35
9am Saturday thru 6pm Sunday
*Camping gear IS allowed for these ticket holders

Posted by Strange-Trips webmaster (JLascko?):
We did lights there this weekend and the music went till about midnight. The
campground has alot of red tape to deal w/ and have almost been shut down.
If you look at their web page NLQP.com you will see that they posted
something like "the last few fests have gone well and the county is giving
us more leeway now."

Posted by LTaylor978 at aol.com:
Best event of the new era. do not miss!
Anyone looking to hitch a ride from Ontario Canada to Nelson let me know, I
have small space outside but BIG n the inside!