HW: Live Darkside

Wed May 31 15:37:54 EDT 2000

> Hi folks...
>
> What the hell is this???
>
> My latest issue of Goldmine has an ad that lists this new CD.  It says:
> Hawkwind - Live Darkside (UK CD Wembley Empire Pool 1972)....$18.99.
>
> Now I know that all sorts of folks are advertising Voiceprint shit for
sale
> that won't be released for six months (I have even seen the Nottingham set
> on-sale at Ebay!  Bollocks...the guy should be banned from posting
something
> that doesn't exist!).  So I figure this won't see the light of day for
> months...but what the hell is it?  What label, etc.?

=================
I think it's on New Millennium label but whatever ,it's all part of the
Magnum-Dressed To Kill-Demi Monde collective or licensed affiliate that is
trying to think up hundreds of new ways to market the same old crap in the
knowledge that the audience will buy it, but how far can the patience of the
audience be stretched before breaking point occurs - I have a good mind not
to advertise this at all through CDS as I'm sick of all this but there are
still lots of you collectors out there who want everything (really!!) so
while I disagree, I respect that, and it will be on our new catalogue, out
soon,
But I do feel a little saddened when you get things as amazing as the new
Starfield CD and people don't bother with an album that is absolutely
tailor-made for Hawkfans to make way for the umpteenth version of something
that wasn't all that good in the first place - c'est la vie.
See you at the Porc Tree Glasgow gig on  Saturday - I'll be the one in the
orange T-shirt!!!!!!

Andy Garibaldi.
listening to Frank Zappa-Valley Girl