how we got into hawkwind

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Thu Nov 2 09:58:01 EST 2000

i first heard "master of the universe" on LA FM radio in the summer of
'72....seems like i heard it several days in a row. upon reflexion, it
must've been the hypnotic repetitition and that phasing which sucked me in. i
was soon to turn 15.
i bought the ISOS lp as soon as i could, and liked that lp plenty, but
really, for me, that was the summer of the "ziggy stardust" lp. proper
hawk-fanaticism would have to wait awhile...

....until early the next year, when i bought the 'doremi' lp. amazing
drumming! amazing in general! >>>LEMMY!<<<
==
i had yet to become the cannabis enthusiast i would become [to this very day]
and i must divide my fandom twixt 'pre-pot' and 'post-pot'...and hearing HW
_stoned_, well,...here i am over a quarter-century later still discussing
them.
dont try this at home, kids.

i have written of my growing disenchantment with post-lemmy HW too many times
here...but the era w/lemmy in the band, and the non-conformist if not, um,
'revolutionary' attitude they seemed to project, had a great deal in my
leaving home the day after i turned 18 to play rock music on my own...and
much later, in the tres unreal das ludicroix, to enjoy drumming in 'simon
king mode'. and once i figured it out, it wasnt so much what he did but the
authority with which he did it.

the hawkestra show must've been awesome; hoping to acquire tapes of it before
long.

salud!
shalom!

"<>"