No Dope + Hawkwind??????

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Nov 2 11:09:32 EST 2000

Melvyn Vincent writes:

> Are there any other 'non druggies' out there that are into HW?
> Or am I alone?

Well there could be some in the Labour Cabinet, but Tony Blair ordered them
not to comment.

> Mel

Funny story: a few years back I got into something of an impasse with a
couple of bosses of mine. The end result was banishment to the 'puter
lab equivalent of Siberia. I did my usual response to this which I call
"Whistling in Hell" (1) - acting as if I'm really having fun and just
getting on with things. In the end I was poached to another job as a
result of work in Siberia. I began to see glimmerings of weirdness in
their selection for my replacement when an ex-boyfriend of my
ex-girlfriend was selected. He left and then they selected *another*
ex-boyfriend of the same ex-girlfriend. Anyway, as it happens he's a
drinking buddy of mine. He told me one night that at the interview they
actually asked him "Are you, or have you ever been, a Hawkwind fan?"

A guy could almost take that personally...

FoFP

(1) Thank you Mr.Boffo, and your ace dog Weiderman.