how we got into hawkwind

flossbac flossbac at NLCI.COM
Thu Nov 2 14:13:30 EST 2000

Same story with me.  I was reading Michael Moorcock, then read a biographical bit about him which mentioned a band called Hawkwind.  I went out and bought Chronicle of the Black Sword (which was the newest one at the time) because I saw that it had a Moorcock contribution on it.  I can't say I was impressed right off the bat.... In fact, the heavy metalisms of the opening track "Song of the Swords" was a downright turnoff!  I hated that song!  But yet there was something endearing about the record, underneath the heavy metal stuff... and so I bought another....and then another...it didn't take very long at all before I was hooked!
John Majka

    And I should say thanks to M. Moorcock 'cause if I wasn't reading his books
    I would never knew about Hawkwind.