HW: how we got into hawkwind

Michael Blackman michaelangelo68 at OZEMAIL.COM.AU
Thu Nov 2 16:55:47 EST 2000

I got into Michael Moorcock books after discovering Hawkwind

Mb

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Crook <m.j.crook at TALK21.COM>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 8:00 AM
Subject: HW: how we got into hawkwind

> Its interesting how many people became HW fans through Moorcock books. I
first heard about HW in a very differnt kind of book. It was a serious book
on astronomy by Ian Ridpath (now a top British astronomy author)called
'WORLDS BEYOND' from about '75. He devoted several lines to them which
seemed out of place in that kind of book, but if its intention was to turn
people on to HW it worked with at least one,  I checked them out soon after
reading it (RoadHawks) and was instantly hooked. I still have the book, its
one of my most treasured posessions.