OFF: drugs

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Nov 2 21:44:38 EST 2000

So I've never touched drugs (aside from the standard
caffeine, etc.)

I drink alcohol, but not to excess (being drunk is a nasty
depressive experience for me.)

But I've always wanted to.

But.  I'm deathly afraid of addiction.  I've
got an addictive personality, if there is such a thing
(at least judging by my collector instincts).

Any advice from the list?  good drugs to try, ones to stay
away from?  good environment for a first trip?

(also...does anyone have a good pointer for how long various drugs
stick around in one's system?  I've done drug tests for work
before, and don't want to sabotage potential jobs.....)

Arin