how we got into hawkwind

Chris Appelt mail at SUPER-TUNES.DE
Fri Nov 3 05:37:31 EST 2000

Hi there,

I was 14 I think, listendes to the radio, Mal Sondock's Oldie-Chart and
listended to SILVER MACHINE, it sounded as cool as Nazareth's This Flight
Tonight and I recorded the track on my little tape and became   for it,
heard it 5 to 10 times a day.

Next summer I saw Szene 77 moderated by Thomas Gottschalk and he introduced
the album quark strangeness and charm. Christmas that year brought me the
SPace Ritual, an album I bought three times because it was played down...

I also got a little telescope and watched the winter night sky, icy cold
air, icy cold fingers and at some point I heard Seven by Seven while
looking into the Orion nebula...

...that was it and up to now Hawkwind is part of my life, my first live
concert was 1986 at the LUXOR in Cologne where I lived that time, many
dates followed at Bochum or Cologne, also Nik Turner at the MTC and a good
time with Nik at a little bar in the quartier latin.

Brixton was the first concert in Britain and the fulfillment of thousand
dreams, my most important impressions: The giant sound-power when playing
Psychedelic Warlord and Tim Blake's silent aura and his New Jerusalem solo
track and of course to see all musicians.

Well that's it.

No, not at all. 1996 in May my wife died and one day before I bought the
first album with the extra tracks, and CYMBALINE was the song that kept me
alive during the next weeks. The world lost a great Hawkwind-fan at that
time...

..yes, and I had to stop editing the ALIEN 4 Page, my Hawkwind-website in
the internet - Sonic, do you remember that project and David Graham and you
too, Phil Franks?????

I had to take care of my children.

Some days ago I showed them the pic of Dave Brock from the Mission Control
website and asked them (both 10 years old) how old this man would be...
they argued about 38 - 40 years old ...

Hello Dave, you look younger every year !!!!

Your Chris