HW: inner sleeve - QS & C - Weird 105

Thomas, Guy Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Fri Nov 3 08:53:31 EST 2000

If I recall rightly, the message on the inner sleeve, was something along
the lines of Paul Rudaolph, Alan Powell and Nik Turner being sacked for
trying to bring a "funky" edge to the band (God forbid!). Also mentioned
that Adrian Shaw was recruited on bass, "Our old friend from Magic Muscle",
to complete the line-up. The ending comment was something along the lines of
the Mothership being back on course.

There was a radio advert for the LP in the States, which used the same theme
of "Being back on course", with "Spirit of the Age" as backing music.

In fact, that same radio ad was on the original version of the Weird 105
cassette, only to be promptly dropped on the re-issue Weird 105 cassette.
If anybody else called Gerry and Geoff Hocking at Wolden Lodge studios, even
up until about a year ago or so, if you asked specifically for the ORIGINAL
105, you could still get it.  I haven't yet got around to ordering the
re-issue Weird CDs but my old mate John Chase tells me that the radio ad has
made it onto the 105 CD !

Best wishes to all, and especially to Dave B. and all the Hawks involved at
Brixton!

Guy T