HW: Alchoholic Beverages? Halt that hangover NOW!

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Nov 3 12:55:09 EST 2000

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000 16:21:32 GMT, M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> wrote:

>Nick Medford writes:
>
>> OK- getting back to drugs and Hawkwind- what the hell is Valium 10
about?!
>> I mean I know what the drug is but what do the lyrics mean?
>
>>From that start of the song, I'd assumed that some dentist gave valium
>before drill treatment. I can't help with the lyrics. What are they?
>
>FoFP

Something like:

When you come to think of it
When you start to think of it
She began to moan and shout
When I got my Valium out

(repeated over and over with minor variations)

I presume the full lyrics will be in the lyric database on
www.hawkwind.org.uk

Sounds vaguely kinky (Kiss Of the Velvet Whip anyone?) but really I have no
idea.