OFF: how we got into hawkwind

Tom Clark tclark at PETRONET.NET
Fri Nov 3 19:02:41 EST 2000

In 1978, I was 17 living in Germany at the time.  My older brother had one of
those rooms with strobe lights, black light posters, incense, etc...and an
excellent sound system - clean with  100 watt Cerwin Vega speakers.     After
smoking a few bowls of hash, he picked a song off of the Quark album - Spirit of
the Age, and that was what grabbed me and ruined my life forever.   It was as
though the music was produced and designed for people smoking hash...at least
that was my perception at the time, right or wrong.    Listen to PXR5 full blast
ferchrissake!     Anyhow, we then  listened to Space Ritual, and it was a quest
for Anything That Has To Do With Hawkwind and related ever since.   I own about
30 albums, and am working on the CD collection....

Don't smoke dope much anymore , but the music is still as powerfull today as it
was then, and I look forward to anything new and hope to see them at the next
show!