BOC: We are BOC, born to kick your ass.

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Sat Nov 4 16:03:58 EST 2000

At 01:44 11.4.00 -0500, you wrote:
>Set:
The band was insanely tight this evening. came on stage happy and smiling
and highfiving the crowd. Alan "I have come to suck your blood" Lanier was
rather animated and having fun.

>This Aint the summer of love
Is what it was. Stood on the Alan /eric side of stage so VBuck for the most
of the night wasn't super present soundwise.

> before the kiss
Good, Danny M's bass break was tasty.
>Bucks Boogie
Didn't QUITE swing, but Rondinelli (despite the throwback hair) has
startened to get away from hitting the beat. good)
>Flaming Telepaths
First time I've seen this, and it waz impressive. I hear some boots of the
tune and was sadly underwhelmed, but they brought it all together with punch.
The end wind up didnt quite wind up  the trhottle, but still cant complain!
>Take Me Away
Unexpected. got better.

>Cities on Flame
Very slow take on the tune, and Lanier stepped out with guitar for the end
solo run, which I didnt expect.

>Teen Archer
GOOD solos from Lanier and Buck (as always). and buck held out the end "she
dont carrrrrrre" for as long as the recorded version seemed to hold it out
too. Much impressed.  Buck seemed to be playign with more warbles in his
notes than the typical super spidery shred he does.

>Pocket
Good, possibly marektable Buckpop number with nice soloing end section.
Worked well leading into the
>Vigil
Last saw this in buffalo several years ago, and this time it was much more
together, made the Come to us section quite heavy as all BO should be
(hehe) with a sterling solo section by Buck  come to think of it, a lot of
it was buck solo room setwise.  the unison guitar figure he and Lanier do
at the end was dead on. kudos.

>Unknown Tongue
Nice, punchy take with piano solo the band really was paying attnetion to
playing and having fun that night.

>Astronomy
The  band seemed to make it funkier than I've heard them try to do it in
the past (esp. the runs right before "hey" chords), and more of an effort
in the kybds. to do stuff in the song. Since I havent said it yet, Ill say
it now. THE band was very good vocally, unison and lead. Erics cvoice is
completely back to being eric.

>Godzilla
good bass solo. well tempered. Drum solo was short enough to be good, and
played well.  another sense of increasing funk swagger in the playing of
this tune. Lanier was hamming it up well with the audience immediately in
front of him.

>Reaper
the unnamed guitar solo was the best evidence that buck is back to playign
with swing. he had a good momentum on it that the
diffuse-brian-may-delay-pedal-extravaganza normally heard.
Bad point: due to the COWBELL, an enterprising audient played the thing all
th e way through the tune, and didnt stop when the band broke into the end
soloing section, throwing off the quick coolness of the "gil blanco county"
end run.
Danny Miranda was annoyed at the dude too as he prteneded to hit eric with
an invisible drum stick (or cowbell banging device, since it was invisible
who knows!)
>---encore:
>Burning for You
The one real dissapointment in the show, because its NOT an encore tune.
Either way they still rocked as good boys should.

Astounded over all by the variety of the set list, even eric made a coment
about keeping the shows fresh (bout )(*&(*& time he realized it hehe).

Jason