New Monster Magnet Album

Andreas Stuewe Andreas.Stuewe at T-ONLINE.DE
Sun Nov 5 11:47:28 EST 2000

Johnny Firic wrote:
> > > How does it compare sound wise to other MM albums?    Can you
> > > compare it to other discs?
> >
> >Soundwise it´s better than Superjudge but not as good as Powertrip. Some
> >very
> >good swooshy synth effects in full stereo can be heard though.
> >Hope that helps.
> >
> >Andreas
>
> Ugh - I couldn't _disagree_ more. "Dopes to infinity" vs. "Powertrip" is
> just like "Secret Treaties" vs. "Agents of fortune". "Dopes" is one of THE
> albums for me, it just has everything.

The question was about the sound quality, not about the music itself. Musically
speaking "Dopes" is indeed better, and of course it´s much heavier. The thing is
that it has an absolutely crap sound. In fact it´s so bad that I can hardly
enjoy listening to it. Same with all the albums before. And that´s why I prefer
to listen to "Powertrip" which at least is a very fine production.

Tastes vary anyway. But sound quality is a very important thing to me.

Andreas (who is on both the HW and BOC sides)