BOC: We are BOC, born to kick your ass.

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Nov 6 06:39:35 EST 2000

On 4 Nov 00, at 16:03, Bolts of Ungodly Vision wrote:

>> >This Aint the summer of love
> Is what it was. Stood on the Alan /eric side of stage so VBuck for the
> most of the night wasn't super present soundwise.

You can never hear BD up front--even standing right in front of him.
The best place to hear Buck is by standing back 25 feet or so.  After
I moved back a bit, I could hear him very well...

Flaming Telepaths
> First time I've seen this, and it waz impressive. I hear some boots of
> the tune and was sadly underwhelmed, but they brought it all together
> with punch. The end wind up didnt quite wind up  the trhottle, but
> still cant complain!

Not the best version.  Song hurt by lack of the strobe light, and yes,
the blistering ending I'm used to didn't materialize.  Still, a tune I
always look forward to...

> >Teen Archer
> GOOD solos from Lanier and Buck (as always). and buck held out the end
> "she dont carrrrrrre" for as long as the recorded version seemed to
> hold it out too. Much impressed.  Buck seemed to be playign with more
> warbles in his notes than the typical super spidery shred he does.

Not sure I agree with the last part, but I was transported by finally
hearing this tune live.  A superb performance, and it's obvious that
this song should be a regular feature of the set.  Works very well
live...

> >Pocket
> Good, possibly marektable Buckpop number with nice soloing end
> section.

the sound was really so bad that I had a hard time getting much out
of this one.  Agreed that it has potential.  Can't wait to hear it on CD...

> >Astronomy
> The  band seemed to make it funkier than I've heard them try to do it
> in the past (esp. the runs right before "hey" chords), and more of an
> effort in the kybds. to do stuff in the song. Since I havent said it
> yet, Ill say it now. THE band was very good vocally, unison and lead.
> Erics cvoice is completely back to being eric.

Damn!  AStronomy, Telepaths and Teen Archer in one show!

> >Reaper
> the unnamed guitar solo was the best evidence that buck is back to
> playign with swing. he had a good momentum on it that the
> diffuse-brian-may-delay-pedal-extravaganza normally heard. Bad point:
> due to the COWBELL, an enterprising audient played the thing all th e
> way through the tune, and didnt stop when the band broke into the end
> soloing section, throwing off the quick coolness of the "gil blanco
> county" end run. Danny Miranda was annoyed at the dude too as he
> prteneded to hit eric with an invisible drum stick (or cowbell banging
> device, since it was invisible who knows!)

Must've pissed off EB, cause he said at one point:  '...You can never
have too much cowbell...' with pointed sarcasm...

>---encore: >Burning for
> You The one real dissapointment in the show, because its NOT an encore
> tune. Either way they still rocked as good boys should.

Yeah, would've been okay if it hadn't been the only encore tune.
Kind of a disappointment...

theo