HW: Support bands #1 - a general approach

Nick Lee nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET
Mon Nov 6 11:23:57 EST 2000

>>    86? Tubulah Dog (average free-festival fare; until blinding version of
the UFO
>>    theme tune complete with back projection of the opening credits of the
TV series-
>>    hurrah)

Comedy rock outfit the Babysitters supported in '86
T-Dog didn't support unitl '88 (Spring tour)

>Yeah that's how I remember it too. And didn't they do a cover of Hillage's
>Electrick Gypsies?
>
>>    88/87? Krel (average prog (now preparing to duck the incoming post
from Andy
>>    G))
>>    89/90?
>
>'89 was a reggae outfit called Connecting Routes. Hardly anyone bothered to
>watch them, I did 'cos I was hugely into dub reggae at the time, but even
so
>I didn't think much of them.

These guys did some of the Winter '88 tour with other bands such as Screeech
Rock and the Rythmites tunrning up at other gigs.  They also did the
Stonhenge or Bust tour in early '89.

The winter '89 tour saw a selection of free festival type bands playing with
Ron Tree's Bastard supporting at Sheffield and Leeds, Radio Mongolia did
Liverpool, can't remember who did Hammersmith (the other date on that tour
which I caught).

1990 had the rather fine RDF supporting and Krel did the 1992 Tepee tour
gigs.
The Beatiful People (lots of Hendrix samples) did the Business Trip tour.

'93-94 were pretty spare for gigs and Salt Tank certainly did a few of them,
maybe Banco de Gaia did a couple (might be getting confused with Ozrics gigs
here - Banco certainly supported them in the early '90s).

'95-96 had Capt. Rizz.  '97 - present has had a few bands - Tribe of Cro,
Intastella amongst others and, of course, Harvey.

Nick