OFF: how we got into hawkwind

Ductor, Dan [NEUUS] DDUCTOR at NEUUS.JNJ.COM
Mon Nov 6 12:03:57 EST 2000

It's all Tom Clark's fault!!!   18 years after Tom introduced me to HW, I
now
own over 50 albums and 30 cds!!

Tom, thanks for changing my life!!!

Dr. Dan

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Tom Clark [SMTP:tclark at PETRONET.NET]
        Sent:   Friday, November 03, 2000 4:03 PM
        To:     BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
        Subject:        Re: OFF: how we got into hawkwind

        In 1978, I was 17 living in Germany at the time.  My older brother
had one of
        those rooms with strobe lights, black light posters, incense,
etc...and an
        excellent sound system - clean with  100 watt Cerwin Vega speakers.
After
        smoking a few bowls of hash, he picked a song off of the Quark album
- Spirit of
        the Age, and that was what grabbed me and ruined my life forever.
It was as
        though the music was produced and designed for people smoking
hash...at least
        that was my perception at the time, right or wrong.    Listen to
PXR5 full blast
        ferchrissake!     Anyhow, we then  listened to Space Ritual, and it
was a quest
        for Anything That Has To Do With Hawkwind and related ever since.
I own about
        30 albums, and am working on the CD collection....

        Don't smoke dope much anymore , but the music is still as powerfull
today as it
        was then, and I look forward to anything new and hope to see them at
the next
        show!