HW: Help ID a song!

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Nov 6 12:05:37 EST 2000

In message <bf.85f33c1.2735f7b8 at aol.com>, Chuck Rosenberg
<Chuckrecs at AOL.COM> writes
>Okay, a few years ago, a member of this list (who may still be a member of
>this list, but I'm not sure), Charles "Capt. Cloud" Johnson made me a tape
>w/Calvert's Lockheed album on it...but at the end of the album, he tacked on
>a track which sounds like either '80s or '90s Hawkwind, really spacey w/synth
>wooshes but an insistent kinda techno beat...no vocals, except samples from
>spoken parts of the Lockheed album...
>
>What is this??? Chuck didn't write the title on the j-card!
>
>thanks, Chuck

Can't think of any track that fits this description, unless it's Space Is Their
Palestine, which has samples of Calvert speaking from Space Ritual (not
from Lockheed). It's on HW's 1993 album "It is the Business of the Future
to be Dangerous". Of course you may well be familiar with it already and the
track you describe may be completely different...

There was a remix album (Ritual of the Solstice) of Hawk songs done by
various ambient/electronica artists- not heard this but perhaps it's from
there?

Incidentally what's Ritual of the Solstice like, anyone?
--
Nick Medford