RE-HW TV appearance (old)

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Mon Nov 6 17:30:04 EST 2000

>    Dave here picked up a copy of Hawkwind appearing on  a TV prog called
>'Cue The Music' on video from a car boot sale at the weekend.  I've not
>seen it altho' I remember the programme. What year is it from - anyone
>know anything about it? Andy Garibaldi

'Cue the Music" was a MIke Mansfield production who hosted ITV's answer to
Top of the Pops in the 70's...."Supersonic".  Everything was hosted from
his mixing desk with him very 'camply' calling "cue camera 4....cue special
effects....cue 'the damned' etc.
Hawkwind on 'Cue the Music' was actually a remixed and edited version of
the 'Live Legends' screening done for Central Television in 1990. I watched
and recorded it about 5 years ago. It was OK apart from the rather silly
camped up intro that the white haired Mr Mansfield and his male mixing desk
assistant do at the beginnings of part 1 & 2.