listening to...

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Nov 7 12:58:30 EST 2000

On 7 Nov 00, at 13:28, K Henderson wrote:

> Dave wondered...
>
> >Ah well, but listening to HW whilst staring up into a totally clear
> >night sky, watching the shooting stars the same day as witnessing a
> >total solar eclipse was pretty damn cool. And of course, it was
> >actually HW playing the music live!  Ha ha, who's got the best
> >"listening to HW" tale then?

Well, here's one of my fave BOC experiences.  1977 [I think]
headling at Rich Stadium in front of about, oh, 70,000 fans.  Also
aboard were Lynyrd Skynyrd, a band who, a couple of weeks later,
would be changed forever.

Anyway, BOC, at the peak of their creative and commercial power,
grand stage set with Laser Light Show!  The effect of the lasers in an
outdoor setting, with  the powerful beams seemingly extending to
infinity in the evening sky...wow!  Bloom with incredible rapping, esp.
during DaS, suggesting we all write to 'Mr. Carter in
Washington...start it:  Dear Jimmy'

DFtR, with cones of laser beams engulfing the stage creating the
effect of the entire stage being aflame [with r'n'r].  Damn, it gets no
better than that...

theo