HW: Support bands #1 - a general approach

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Tue Nov 7 18:35:37 EST 2000

In a message dated 11/6/00 2:19:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
andygee at DIAL.PIPEX.COM writes:

> bomp bomp bomp bomp - all the time' say many. I
>  thought 'Ritual Of The Solstice' not only shredded Hawkwind, it wasn't a
>  very good representation of the genre, and if this is all that Hawkfans
have
>  heard,it's no wonder they supposedly hate techno (or whatever). Ambient
>  never really went away either, but if you want to hear an amzing track on
>  the trance side then check out the opening track called 'Guitar Slinger' on
>  the last but one album ("Mad Hatter's Acid Tea Party")  by Shamanic Tribes
>  On Acid - blow your head off!!!
>  Best rhythmic ambient album around right now? Has to be the new Banco De
>  Gaia album - fantastic!!

Solstice remixes -- I quite like the "Flesh to Phantasy" remix -- no "bomp
bomp bomp", but the other tracks are nothing special...
I would think that a good "bridge" between the good techno stuff (that is,
complex, spacey, and w/inventive drum/percussion rhythms) and space-rock
might be Anubian Lights -- "Let Not the Flame Die Out" or any regular ORB
album, particularly "Live '93". Chuck