HW: How we got into HW

Steve Litchfield slitchfield at UKONLINE.CO.UK
Wed Nov 8 09:16:00 EST 2000

I was a spotty teenager in the mid 70s and a friend lent me The Time of
the Hawklords book and played me a bit of the Space Ritual. I bought
everything they did for the next 6 or 7 years (usually twice, on LP and
cassette - and now on CD, sigh!) before losing interest when HW kind of
lost their way ("Sonic attack"/"Zones" etc.)....

Although I never stopped playing the early stuff, I rediscovered my
interest in HW in the mid 1990s when I got so fed up with 'pop' music that
I went back again and again to my album collection. And was also delighted
to find that HW were still alive and well!

Also, being a very amateur guitarist and percussionist, I'm fascinated by
good playing and hence my Simon King site below. I've put up some "Space
rock from London" samples by the way, if anyone's interested, on the
'Hawkwind' sub-page.

Steve Litchfield
Simon King and Hawkwind, http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/hawkwind/